Sunday, January 8, 2012

What.....

     Green Kuisine Microgreens came about from my desire to enjoy local, freshly grown produce.
     I wanted to see something alive and growing in December or January. I wanted to eat something fresh and flavorful in February or March. And, I didn't want to create an artificial environment that necessitated depleting the earth of any more resources or to use any synthetic products or chemicals.
     Yes, I enjoy my summer time harvests this time of year thanks to lots of pickled, frozen or root-cellared items. I grew them, canned them, stored them and I eat them. But, I also wanted to see and eat something green and vibrant during the gray, overcast skies of a Wisconsin winter.
     All this led to the creation of Green Kuisine Microgreeens.
     Green Kuisine Microgreens are grown using four simple items: 1) Organic, Non-GMO seeds. 2) A soil-less mixture of renewable items such as coconut coir and or Green Kuisine vermicompost. 3) Water. 4) Reusable and recyclable growing trays.
     There are no pesticides or fertilizers of any kind used to grow Green Kuisine Microgreens.
     I was all set to roll out this company with a soft introduction this winter. My field studies were completed and my products were aligned following some consumer testing.
     Then, the idea to include a working, local, urban farm entered my already cluttered brain. I began to picture it to be a logical, summer extension to the ideals of Green Kuisine Microgreens. All in all, it did seem like a great idea.
     So, I put off the launch date of Green Kuisine Microgreens and began to plan for the larger launch of Green Kuisine Microgreens and Urban MicroFarm.
     Look for more information of our grand rollout in the next few months !

No comments:

Post a Comment