Saturday, January 7, 2012

Where.....


     Surprisingly, that question was the simplest to answer.
     First, the MicroFarm should be very close so the additional carbon footprint generated from the workers (me) would be very small. Secondly, and just as important, the MicroFarm needed to be very close so the products would be at their ultimate color, flavor, freshness and nutritional value when they reached the customers (you).
     I am a garden plot renter through the Milwaukee County UW-Extension's Wauwatosa community garden. Two years ago, an unheated, high tunnel, hoop house was constructed within a very large working garden. The plans were to develop the site into a working farm and CSA program by a dedicated gardener named of Nicole Capizzi. I was saddened to see her move out of state just as she had begun such an endeavor. [Nicole is currently operating Amaranth Urban Farm near Seattle, WA.]
     Well, the MicroFarm became available just as my personal awareness and transformation was taking place. Plus, it fulfilled my two primary desires of my dream location.
     I am ecstatic to say that the Green Kuisine MicroFarm will be based right here in Wauwatosa !!!
     Freshly picked produce, Asparagus to Zucchini, is just minutes away from your family's kitchen table !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment